Bands, Brew & BBQ Line Up for 2014
SeaWorld and Busch Gardens hold their weekend “Bands, Brew & BBQ” concert series during February and March. In previous years this was known as “Bud & BBQ” when SeaWorld and Busch Gardens were part of the InBev/Anheuser-Busch organisation.
For 2014, some of the hottest country and classic rock bands were booked to perform at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens over six and five consecutive weekends respectively. However, following the airing of the controversial documentary film “Blackfish” that is critical of the capture and treatment of killer whales, there has been immense social media pressure including online petitions for musical performers to boycott both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.
Eight acts, the Barenaked Ladies, Willie Nelson, Heart, Cheap Trick, Trisha Yearwood, REO Speedwagon, Martina McBride and .38 Special all announced that they would no longer perform at SeaWorld plus The Beach Boys, Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo cancelled at Busch Gardens. In addition Joan Jett requested that SeaWorld stop playing her music.
Only two of the original SeaWorld line-up remain on the bill; Scotty McCreery and Justin Moore but SeaWorld said the concerts would still go ahead with new acts. However to stop activists pressuring acts into cancelling, SeaWorld are not announcing the acts until a few days before each concert. On the opening night, Alan Jackson took centre stage with Kid Rock the following day.
The entertainment is all washed down with over 100 ice-cold imported, domestic and craft beers and southern style smokin’ barbecue ribs and chicken. Note that you must be aged 21 or over to purchase alcohol.
Admission is included in the standard single day ticket or annual pass though seating is limited on a first-come first-served basis.
For 2014, the both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are planning concerts on both Saturdays and Sundays (previously Busch Gardens only had concerts on Sundays). The provisional line up is as follows.
Saturdays and Sundays at SeaWorld:
- February 1, 2014 - Alan Jackson
- February 2, 2014 - Kid Rock
- February 8, 2014 - Gretchen Wilson
- February 9, 2014 - Bill Engvall
- February 15, 2014 - Sister Hazel
- February 16, 2014 - Larry the Cable Guy
- February 22, 2014 - The Commodores
- February 23, 2014 - Justin Moore
- March 1, 2014 - Scotty McCreery
- March 2, 2014 - Steve Miller Band
- March 8, 2014 - Hank Williams Jr.
- March 9, 2014 - Alabama
Saturdays and Sundays at Busch Gardens:
- February 8, 2014 - Jason Derulo
- February 9, 2014 - Dickey Betts and Great Southern & The Marshall Tucker Band
- February 15, 2014 - Earth, Wind & Fire
- February 16, 2014 - Sugar Ray & Gin Blossoms
- February 22, 2014 - Justin Moore
- February 23, 2014 - Bret Michaels
- March 1, 2014 - Lifehouse
- March 2, 2014 - ZZ Top
- March 8, 2014 - Daddy Yankee
- March 9, 2014 - Steve Miller Band
TBC - To be confirmed.
Bands Brew & BBQ Special Tickets
Both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens sell special tickets in connection with Bands Brew & BBQ. More details to follow.
At Busch Gardens there are several ticket options with prices starting from:
- $30.00 for a Beer Sampling Wristband - unlimited sampling from noon until 5:30 pm. Pass members can purchase two wristbands for $50.00
- $34.99 for a Bands Brew & BBQ VIP Package - priority reserved seating and a meal deal
- Bands Brew & BBQ Premium VIP Package - enjoy priority reserved seating, a meal deal and unlimited beer sampling
At SeaWorld there are several ticket options with prices starting from:
- $24.00 for a Craft Brew Sampler - enjoy up to 10 craft beer samples. Must be 21 years or older
- $39.00 for a Bands Brew & BBQ VIP Package - priority reserved seating at the concert and a meal deal
- $69.00 for a Bands, Brew & BBQ Front Row VIP Package which gives you front row seating for the concert plus Signature Show seating at the main SeaWorld shows like Blue Horizons and Clyde and Seamore and a meal deal
All these tickets are in addition to the regular park admission ticket.