Bands, Brew & BBQ Line Up for 2015
In previous years, both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens held their weekend “Bands, Brew & BBQ” concert series during February and March. When SeaWorld and Busch Gardens were part of the InBev/Anheuser-Busch organisation, it was known as “Bud & BBQ”.
The entertainment is all washed down with over 30 ice-cold imported, domestic and craft beers and southern style smokin’ barbecue ribs and chicken from some of the top local smokehouses. Note that you must be aged 21 or over to purchase alcohol.
Admission is included in the standard single day ticket or annual pass though seating is limited on a first-come first-served basis.
For 2015, the concerts are only taking place at SeaWorld and the event is billed as “Bands, Brew & BBQ, Honouring America’s Heroes” in partnership with USO Central Florida. There are special discounts and offers for current and retired military personnel.
The provisional line up is as follows.
Saturdays and Sundays at SeaWorld:
- March 7, 2015 - Toby Keith
- March 8, 2015 - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- March 14, 2015 - Rodney Atkins
- March 15, 2015 - Kool & The Gang
- March 21, 2015 - Travis Tritt
- March 22, 2015 - Larry the Cable Guy
- March 28, 2015 - TBC
- March 29, 2015 - TBC
TBC - To be confirmed.
Bands Brew & BBQ Special Tickets
SeaWorld is selling special tickets in connection with Bands Brew & BBQ. More details to follow.
There are several ticket options with prices starting from:
- a Craft Brew Sampler - enjoy up to 10 craft beer samples. Must be 21 years or older
- a Bands Brew & BBQ Floor Seating Package - priority reserved seating at the concert in the reserved floor seating area plus a $10 gift voucher towards select in-park purchases. Prices from $19.00
- fa Bands, Brew & BBQ Front Row Seating Package - priority reserved seating at the concert in the front row seating area plus a $10 gift voucher towards select in-park purchases. Prices from $39.00
All these tickets are in addition to the regular park admission ticket.
For 2014, some of the hottest country and classic rock bands were booked to perform at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens over six and five consecutive weekends respectively. However, following the airing of the controversial documentary film “Blackfish” that is critical of the capture and treatment of killer whales, there was immense social media pressure including online petitions for musical performers to boycott both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.
Eight acts, the Barenaked Ladies, Willie Nelson, Heart, Cheap Trick, Trisha Yearwood, REO Speedwagon, Martina McBride and .38 Special all announced that they would no longer perform at SeaWorld plus The Beach Boys, Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo cancelled at Busch Gardens. In addition Joan Jett requested that SeaWorld stop playing her music.
Only two of the original SeaWorld line-up remained on the bill; Scotty McCreery and Justin Moore but SeaWorld said the concerts would still go ahead with new acts. However to stop activists pressuring acts into cancelling, SeaWorld did not announce the acts until a few days before each concert. On the opening night, Alan Jackson took centre stage with Kid Rock the following day.